Week 3 — 40 Days of Fasting Guide
Day 15: Monday October 9 // The Spirit
I will continue to walk in the Spirit and not the flesh; because the more I walk in the Spirit, the more of God's presence I carry; and the more of His presence I carry, the more supernatural power I will discover.
Because my wisdom is limited, I will allow the Holy Spirit to lead me and guide me on this journey with the body of Christ.
- Luke 4:1 "Jesus, full of the Holy Spirit, left the Jordan and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness…"
- .2 Corinthians 3:17 "Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty".
- Matthew 10:20"…for it is not you who speak but it is the Spirit of your father who speaks in you.”
May God help us to constantly communicate with Him in Spirit so that we discover and experience his eternal divine love for us.
Let us pull down all strongholds that exist in Olney/Montgomery County - Self, Religion, Wealth, Fame, Atheism.
Day 16: Tuesday October 10 // My legacy to the church
I will take winning the lost seriously and align myself with God’s will in this area.
Every religious spirit holding Muslim, Buddhists, Mormon, Atheists, and gangs captives, be destroyed in the name of Jesus (7 times)!
- Hebrews 10: 25not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another--and all the more as you see the Day approaching.
- Romans 5:9“Since, therefore, we have now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him.”
- May the blood of Jesus continue to cover our lovely church (Bethel World Outreach Church).
- We pray that our friends, neighbors and family members who are being impacted by religion will have supernatural encounter with Jesus.
Day 17: Wednesday October 11 // My Legacy to the church
I am a committed member of my local church. This means that I am I'm committed to a people, a people who hear the word of God preached, a people who perform the ordinances that Jesus gave to his church (baptism and the Lord's Supper), and a people who commit to the 'one another' commandments (love each other, exhort each other, admonish each other, hold each other accountable)." I am willing to put my name on the dotted line for this.
I believe the New Testament says (in modern day language) , 'Be a part of a community, give yourself to ministering there and receiving ministry there, and advance the cause of the gospel there, and uphold the name of Jesus there, and do mission there,' I agree to put my name on the line for thisbiblical conviction
1 Corinthians 12:14—For the body does not consist of one member but of many.
Rom 10:9 - "If you declare with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in
your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved".
Acts 4:29 Lord, behold their threatenings: and grant unto thy servants, that with all boldness they may speak thy word.
- Pray that more believers who have accepted Christ will embrace church membership.
Pray that God will use you to make the local church a warm place for people to come.
Pray that God grants us boldness to speak His word and witness to others.
Day 18: Thursday October 12 // My Legacy to the church
I embrace the biblical principles of giving. I am successful not because of self-effort; I am successful because of Grace-effort.
To the extent I am able, I will share in the church's work so that the gospel can be preached without hindrance.
- John 15:16: Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you that you should go and bring forth fruit, and that fruit will remain: that whatsoever you shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give you.
We pray that God will give us more understanding about our partnership with God in the salvation of unbelievers
Declare that you will depend on God to guide you on how to manage your finances so that you can be more effective and efficient for God’s work.
Day 19: Friday October 13 // Prayer and Meditation
We will discover, if we pray, the treasures God has placed in Christ for us and the plans He has for us to bring Him glory.
Walking intimately with Him through prayer, and having a deep grounding in His word through meditation is essential for Him to release tremendous power through me.
God speaks to me all the time, but the only way for me to discover (and hear) His supernatural voice, is to pray and meditate.
- Acts 16:25-34 “And at midnight, Paul and Silas prayed and sang praises to God…and suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken, and immediately all the doors were opened…” (verse 26).
- Psalm 119:15 "I will meditate in Your precepts and have respect onto Your ways"
- Colossians 4:2- "Devote yourselves to prayer, being thankful and watchful.”
In this moment of supernatural discovery, may the power of the Holy Spirit teach us how to communicate with God in prayer and meditation.
Pray that God will open our eyes to opportunities to share with others about salvation. That our personal testimony about our own salvation experience will draw others to Christ.
Day 20: Saturday October 14 // A legacy of Love
I embrace God’s love for me which came through Christ Jesus.
May every situation in the life of an unbeliever draw them closer to Christ this week.
My problem may be great, but there is one whose love is greater; the one whose love is far above any problem.
1 John 4:7 - "Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God.
Matthew 5:43-44"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy'. But I say to you, 'love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.' "
Let us pray that those who are experiencing difficulty in different areas of their live will turn to God.
Pray that those dealing with addictions, divorce, financial trouble, depression, job loss will come in contact with believers that will tell them about God.
May God continue to work in us, through us, and with us to spread this amazing love around the world so that even those who are not yet saved will be saved.
Day 21: Sunday October 15// Building my personal legacy
I will not walk the path of self-destruction by loading my mind with toxic waste. Each time I dwell on negative thoughts, I plant the seeds of my own destruction, because those thoughts will haunt me for the rest of my life.
God is my Defender, the Master of my Fate, and the Captain of my Soul. He is my guide and will show me where to take the next step. He knows my life from start to finish, and it won't be over until He says it's over. I have nothing to fear.
All my Egyptians are drowning in the red sea of the blood of Jesus and I now walk free into my promised land of divine design
- Philippians 4:8“Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.” I choose to only think about true, honorable, just, pure, lovely, commendable, and excellent things
- Moses said unto his people, "Fear ye not, stand still and see the salvation of the Lord, which He will show to you this day for the Egyptians whom ye have seen today, ye shall see them again, no more forever! The Lord shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace. “
- Receive the encouragement that God through Jesus has given you. You have a destiny that will be fulfilled in Christ. Thank God for this revelation.
- Declare that you will not allow any personal distractions to get in the way of the calling God has on your live. People’s salvation and eternal future are depending on your partnership with God.
Prayer for the names on the prayer wall
Prayer for the worldwide body of Christ
October 23rd – October 29th
Testimonies ending on Friday Night Prayer/Prayer Retreat
October 30th – November 3rd