Week 1—40 Days of Fasting Guide
Day 1: Monday, Sept 25 // I am a new creation
I will continue to walk in the Spirit and not the flesh; because the more I walk in the Spirit, the more of God's presence I carry; and the more of His presence I carry, the more supernatural power I will discover.
Because my wisdom is limited, I will allow the Holy Spirit to lead me and guide me on this journey with the body of Christ.
- Luke 4:1 "Jesus, full of the Holy Spirit, left the Jordan and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness…"
- 2 Corinthians 3:17 "Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty".
- Matt 10:20"…for it is not you who speak but it is the Spirit of your father who speaks in you.”
May God help us to constantly communicate with Him in Spirit so that we discover and experience his eternal divine love for us.
Let us also pray for those who haven't yet received the baptism of the Holy Spirit so that the Spirit may give them utterance to “let go and let God.”
Day 2: Tuesday Sept 26 // The Word of God is my mirror
Father, I thank you for continually renewing my mind to bring my soul and body in alignment with who I am: the righteousness of God, blameless in His sight.
Any label that does not align with what the word of God says about me has no impact on my life. Only God can define me.
James 1: 21-25 -> Therefore lay aside all filthiness and overflow of wickedness, and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls. But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror; for he observes himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was. But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does.
Let us pray for a continued desire to dwell in the Word of God and to receive the revelation of God’s spiritual truths.
Day 3: Wed September 27 // My Legacy to the church.
I am a committed member of my local church. This means that I am I'm committed to a people, a people who hear the word of God preached, a people who perform the ordinances that Jesus gave to his church (baptism and the Lord's Supper), and a people who commit to the 'one another' commandments (love each other, exhort each other, admonish each other, hold each other accountable)." I am willing to put my name on the dotted line for this.
I believe the New Testament says (in modern day language) , 'Be a part of a community, give yourself to ministering there and receiving ministry there, and advance the cause of the gospel there, and uphold the name of Jesus there, and do mission there,' I agree to put my name on the line for thisbiblical conviction
- 1 Corinthians 12:14—For the body does not consist of one member but of many.
- Romans 10:9— "If you declare with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved".
- Acts 4:29 Lord, behold their threatening: and grant unto thy servants, that with all boldness they may speak thy word.
- Pray that more believers who have accepted Christ will embrace church membership.
- Pray that God will use you to make the local church a warm place for people to come.
- Pray that God grants us boldness to speak His word and witness to others.
Day 4: Thursday Sept 28
Yielding to the Spirit through the local church
Even though I live in a fleshly house, I will not walk according to my flesh.
I love people. I love community. I love family. The local church is all three. She consists of fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, and brothers and sisters. She is Christ's body and His sole possession that He purchased with His own precious blood.
I am a child of God, therefore the Spirit of God leads me every day of my life and helps me in my weaknesses.
- Prov 2: 27—The spirit of a man is the lamp of the Lord, Searching all the inner depths of his heart.
- Gal 5:25—If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
- Ephesians 5:23b—As Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior.
- Let us pray that we will allow the Spirit to dominate our flesh and our mind at all times.
- Pray that we will see the church exactly the way Christ sees his bride – If we have the right perception about the church, we will have the right attitude towards its operations and activities.
Day 5: Friday Sept 29 // My Legacy to the church.
Affirmation: I embrace the biblical principles of giving. I am successful not because of self-effort; I am successful because of Grace-effort.
To the extent I am able, I will share in the church's work so that the gospel can be preached without hindrance.
Scriptural mandate 1 Corinthians 16:1,2 - On the first day of the week, each one should give as prospered.
Acts 11:29 - Every man determined to give according to his ability.
- Let’s declare that we will all do our part financially so that the gospel can preached.
- Pray for God’s financial blessing on our lives so that we can be cheerful givers.
Day 6: Saturday Sept 30 // Building my personal legacy.
Affirmation: I will not walk the path of self-destruction by loading my mind with toxic waste. Each time I dwell on negative thoughts, I plant the seeds of my own destruction, because those thoughts will haunt me for the rest of my life.
God is my Defender, the Master of my Fate, and the Captain of my Soul. He is my guide and will show me where to take the next step. He knows my life from start to finish, and it won't be over until He says it's over. I have nothing to fear.
All my Egyptians are drowning in the red sea of the blood of Jesus and I now walk free into my promised land of divine design
Scriptural Mandate: Philippians 4:8“Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.” I choose to only think about true, honorable, just, pure, lovely, commendable, and excellent things Moses said unto his people, "Fear ye not, stand still and see the salvation of the Lord, which He will show to you this day for the Egyptians whom ye have seen today, ye shall see them again, no more forever! The Lord shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace. “
- Let’s pray that we will live an abundant life in Christ and this will in turn overflow to the people around us.
- Let’s pray that our lives will be an aroma of grace to the unsaved and draw them to salvation.
Day 7: Sun October 1 // Looking in the word of God
As I receive and implant the Word of God in my heart, I have the assurance that it will bring my soulish realm in conformity with the Spirit.
James 1: 21-23 -> Therefore lay aside all filthiness and overflow of wickedness, and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls. But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.
Let us decree today that our soul (mind, thought, emotion, intellect) are being transformed by the word and that our actions will be spirit led.
Prayer for laborers in the vineyard
October 2nd- October 8th
Prayers for the Evangelistic Sunday
Prayer for the names on the prayer wall
Prayer for the worldwide body of Christ
October 23rd – October 29th
Testimonies ending on Friday Night Prayer/Prayer Retreat
October 30th – November 3rd