Associate Director of Children's Ministry
- To stir up a desire for a genuine relationship with Christ in the hearts of the children, make disciples and equip them with the Word of God to impact their world.
- Promote personal bible reading and prayer, scripture memorization, and provide opportunities for community and mission field outreaches.
- To teach a Bible based curriculum and encourage a Christian life style among the children.
- Encourage and equip parents to develop a biblical worldview in their children.
Duties & Responsibilities are, but not limited to:
- Oversees all programming and ministry for children ages birth – 5th grade, including
- Sunday mornings, Friday nights, Summer programs, Special events, etc…
- Works closely with the Senior Pastor to review, select and prepare curriculum for each age level to transform children into followers of Christ.
- Oversees the implementation of all curriculum for the Large Group/Small Group teaching environments.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of programming for the spiritual formation of children and equipping parents to fulfill their calling as the primary spiritual leaders of their children.
- Creates environments, activities and programming for each age group that will facilitate learning and encourage spiritual growth.
- Recruits, trains, supports, schedules and leads teams of volunteers.
- Plans and oversees special events such as VBS, Right of Passage, Fall Festival, etc…
- Develops and maintains a strategy for reaching and assimilating new children and families.
- Provides vision, strategies, & development of all Children’s Ministry environments (birth – 5th grade).
- Responsible for check-in procedures and tracking weekly attendance to ensure efficiency and security.
- Assists in the performance evaluations of the Children’s Ministry volunteers.
- Assists in developing the budget for the Children’s Ministry to ensure good stewardship and the proper allocation of financial resources.
- Maintains scheduled office hours as directed by the Executive Director of
- Administration and the Senior Pastor for accessibility to, parents, staff and the congregation.
- Meets weekly with the Senior Pastor to discuss ministry strategies and effectiveness.
- Oversees provision of childcare for Family Ministry seminars, Christmas, New Year’s Eve, Easter, Church Anniversaries and all other church events as directed.
- Manages the distribution and allocation of curriculum and supplies.
- Attendance at weekly staff meetings required.
- Communicates Children’s Ministry activities to the church through periodic reports.
Schedules and coordinates placement of volunteers and communicates with leaders as needed.
- Encourages and supports all volunteers including planning and fellowship.
- Builds team spirit.
- Creates, develops, revises, evaluates and implement Children’s Ministry policies and procedures, teachers and parent handbooks and application.
- Enforces a safe environment for children by following emergency action procedures.
- Develops, maintains, and communicates the purpose and values as to why the ministry exists that parallels the purpose and core values of the church.
Bethel Competencies and Expectations:
- Fully embraces the mission, vision and values of Bethel World Outreach Church – City of Hope.
- Be reliable, take initiative and be self-motivated.
- Embrace and adapt to growth, change, innovation and creativity.
- Use appropriate judgment in the areas of discretion, sensitivity and confidentiality.
- Have a cooperative, healthy and motivating relationship with Senior Pastor, co-workers and volunteers.
- Solve and resolve problems in a resourceful, Christ-like manner.
- Communicate openly and honestly with Senior Pastor and staff about needs, problems, and ideas for improvement.
- Be punctual and attend all required events and activities.
- Should give extreme attention to details with an eye for excellence.
- Active and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ, evidenced by attitude and behavior.Demonstrates ability to understand and relate to children and their families and a passion to see families grow in their faith together.
- Previous experience with administration of a large church Children’s Ministry in recruiting, motivating, equipping and scheduling volunteer’s leaders to minister to children and families.
- Experience in designing and developing Children’s Ministry programs.
- Effective communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal).
- Competency with basic computer software (Excel, Word, Publisher), and the capacity to learn new software.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to make changes, corrections and solve problems quickly under pressure.
- Clearance of criminal background check.
- Maintain personal spiritual development through bible reading, prayer and regular church attendance.
- Regularly make contact with Children’s Ministry staff by phone or other forms of communication for prayer and fellowship.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
- Previous experience directing a large children’s ministry, including leadership of ministry staff (paid or volunteer staff members and/or a large volunteer team of 25+ volunteers).
- AA required; BA or BS desirable
To apply, send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (301) 588-8099.